The Huron Valley Chamber of Commerce is committed to giving out a scholarship each year to a graduating senior from Lakeland High School, Milford High School and Harbor High School. The purpose of this scholarship is to help with the financial responsibility of college. The scholarship may be used at any college, university, community college or vocational/ technical/ trade school.
Interested in applying?
- Be a graduating senior from Lakeland, Milford or Harbor High Schools
- Reside in the Huron Valley School District
Application Packet Should Contain:
- Application Cover Sheet
- Essay (see requirements below)
- Two letters of recommendation (ex. teacher, counselor, volunteer leader, coach, clergy, employer)
- School(s) you are hoping to attend
Essay To Include:
- Volunteerism/Community Service work you have done
- Future goals
- What impact the community has had on your upbringing
- Financial need for this scholarship (Financial documentation/statements not necessary. Just explain your need for the assistance)
- Extracurricular activities, sports or outside work you have done during school
- How receiving this scholarship would affect your ability to reach your future goals
The Huron Valley Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Committee will review all applicants. The scholarship would be payable to the educational institution or the recipient if paid receipts are turned in. Applications must be submitted no later than March 1, 2016
Download scholarship application.